Sunday, February 13, 2011

X axis work

I've just started on the X axis and found I needed parts from McMaster Carr. So the parts are on order and I am working on the drive side of the Y axis. It turned out I had some nice angle brackets from the hair blending machine that I could modify a little to work. Pictures follow.

On a side note I've been working on a patent for another idea and had the chance a few months ago to go to the USPTO for a weekend to attend some workshops. I met a lot of people and made some good conections, I also met David Kappos who is the USPTO chief. I have to admit unless they are blowing smoke you know where their set-up seems to be really transparent and straightforward. Most of my questions were answered and I came away feeling like the process was very manageable and that I could do most of the work myself ( an exception being some legal writing) I am now in the process of writing up three provisional applications with the hopes of being able to try and commercialize before committing to the cost of the full blown patent.



No comments:

Post a Comment