Monday, March 28, 2011

A new Base

I have been building the machine on the floor for some time now as I did not have enough bench space and didn't want to weld/grind on the bench space I have. Now that I am almost entirely into a assembly stage I felt it necessary to build a base. This is a stitched picture so there is a flaw, ( see if you can find it.)

I built it upside down and plan to weld it up, paint the underside, flip it over and repaint. You will notice the leg arrangement is a little weird. I skewed the legs so that I could fit full size workpieces, excess stock and oversized parts on the lower tray.. The idea is to be able to cut a very large parts from below, I am particularly interested in mortises/tenons on seats, large aircraft models etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment